Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I was working on a job as a consultant and then got red by

Customer Question

I was working on a job as a consultant and then got hired by the company after 4 days being there they escorted me off the property saying something about my background check but no one can tell me what it was what can I do
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

was there a contract? do you suspect discrimination?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

what outcome are you seeking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They gave me an offer letter accepted then four days later they said they couldn't offer me the position. The letter was really invasive is said something about forms in background check the only thing about the background it just said have you ever been convicted for more than a felony and I have not the outcome I want is what was the reason for the involuntary termination if I don't have a felony I would like to be compensated because I turned down another job for this job I have proof of everything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be my next step
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.