How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 111468
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I feel at work 4 years ago and required 2 major surgeries

Customer Question

I feel at work 4 years ago and required 2 major surgeries and work restrictions and still under dr care of 8 hours per day 40 hours per week and Corp has been forcing me to work 12-14 hours a day 55 plus hours a week.
I sent and email to Corp and hr 3 weeks ago and walked out and now we are talking a severance package to retire me out for lack of better words.
It's a very big and powerful cooperation.
What do I need to ask for or say to cover me or a lawyer that is good enough with Corp law to fight for me. I have very little doubt that it will be a big settlement as I am a 10 year manager with them and they let us know each meeting that they do. It go to court.
Can prove disregard for safty and negelance with emails and text and digital scheduling and alarm codes.
Any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand the work and comp issues but wanting to discuss negelance and safety and whistleblower and employment with a very very big corporation that does not want any bad publicity or court issues.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry to say that while you may want to sue the employer for the "negligence and safety" issue, by KY law, I am afraid that when an employee receives a workplace injury the law absolutely forbids the employee from seeking anything other than workers compensation from the employer. So the law itself would forbid you from suing them for negligence or safety issues.

You can file a complaint to OSHA for the safety issues and let OSHA investigate, but by law, the employee who is injured at work is limited to only suing for workers compensation and the company knows this. If you were to make demands or threaten to sue for other than workers compensation, they know that your suit would have to be dismissed by the court under the law, so even threats of suing would not cause them to settle I am afraid.