Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

My employer is preparing to demote me without cause. I was

Customer Question

My employer is preparing to demote me without cause. I was the highest ranking woman in the department and over 40. Do I have a discrimination case?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You may well want to file with EEOC here claiming age and sex discrimination.If the actions they took were based on

age and sex discrimination .You may well have good facts to present in such a case.It appears the employer singled you out for disparate treatment. An employee who makes a disparate treatment claim alleges that he or she was treated differently than other employees who were similarly situated, and that the difference was based on a protected characteristic.

File here.

http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

You may also want to sue here for such actions, here are employment lawyers that can help by city..

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/employment-law-employee/indiana

An EEOC complaint may also protect you in the event they try to fire you or otherwise take more adverse action.You would file another retaliation complaint and it also becomes part of your suit as well.

I wish you the best here.I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Thanks again and the best to you.