Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I was placed on Paid Administrative leave from my job. I was

Customer Question

I was placed on Paid Administrative leave from my job. I was supposed to be on vacation and got called to go in to work overnight for a reset. The workers for the crew were not working so I said something to them. The district manager for that store said that I was not there for any reason other than my license. She said that due to my misconduct, I would be placed on leave. This has caused my blood pressure to go up. I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was 180/110. I am now having to take blood pressure medication and I have never had any problems with my blood pressure in the past. Is there anything that I can do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

what outcome are you seeking at this point?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything that I can do or am I at there mercy? I have never gotten reprimanded and I always go wherever and whenever I am needed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You may challenge it through human resources as a violation of your rights and company policy. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! Often a call from counsel can help lead to removal of the write up! I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.