John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I have worked years at this factory and last week they cut

Customer Question

I have worked for 32 years at this factory and last week they cut my wages 1.40 cents an hr. Is this right , or can i do something about it.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. I'm sorry to hear about your job loss.

I'll need to ask you some preliminary questions before I can give you an answer to your question. Are you in a union or do you otherwise have a contract for"just cause" (as opposed to “at will" employment which is the default employment condition)? Do you think there is an ulterior motive in lowering your wage you, perhaps to get you to quit because of your age, race, gender,disability or religious beliefs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me at(###) ###-####Thank you norma
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hi, the system is showing that you have requested a live phone call. Please confirm you desire this because it is an additional service, which I must charge for. I have noticed that for some people the request for phone call is not intended. Let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I didn't know about the extra charges. Just let me know the answer to my question. And how do I cancel my payment if needed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get my message ?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I got it, but you never provided the additional information I originally sought from you - "I'll need to ask you some preliminary questions before I can give you an answer to your question. Are you in a union or do you otherwise have a contract for"just cause" (as opposed to “at will" employment which is the default employment condition)? Do you think there is an ulterior motive in lowering your wage you, perhaps to get you to quit because of your age, race, gender,disability or religious beliefs?"