Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I received a (3) phone calls from a prior employee who was

Customer Question

I received a (3) phone calls from a prior employee who was harassing me (as I am his previous manager). I quickly pulled both HR and another employee in to my office to witness these calls. While I did not receive a physical threat, the calls were intimidating questioning why I have not been fired yet and asking if I am still harassing employees. HR worked with our Law Department and concluded they could not intervene as this person is no longer an employee. While this is incident is now documented in my file I feel there is little rights I have. It is/was apparent I was very upset by this occurrence, my direct Supervisor told me I was being too emotional, that I handled the situation all wrong and that I am overreacting. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You have a few other options beyond what you did.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

1. get a restraining order from police.

2. ask police to visit him and warn him to leave you alone.

3. sue for an injunction.

4. lawyer letter warning him to leave you alone.

5. asking employer to not accept calls or other messages from him.

I would suggest 1,2, and 4.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if that is clear and acceptable, and if I can clarify anything.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anything I can do re: the treatment from my supervisor who I feel was demeaning and underestimating the situtation?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can further report to HR, but I would be careful not to turn this into you v. company, as could complicate things, and focus instead on the person who is intruding on your privacy and quiet.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Having a lawyer speak to HR is one way to pursue within company, but carries risk.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if the answer is acceptable, and if I can clarify anything, ask me.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

awaiting your reply/rating.