Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I have a question that i cannot get anyone to answer. We

Customer Question

I have a question that i cannot get anyone to answer. We live in Oklahoma but working for a concetioniar at a fed. park in the state of Florida the new manager releived us of our duties and said we need to leave not fired she stated we was not fired just releaseed of our contract and said we was recomended for another campground within the same company. We filed for unemployment due to no other openings and advised the company of wrongduing by the new manager H.R. told the new managers of this so when we filed for U.I. the new manager told our state that we was fired due to insubordination so this is holding our U.I. back. If there was a recording of the manager stating we was not fired can that be given to our state? We was told its not legal to record someone in Florida which we didnt know this but being we live in Ok. which is a one party agreement state that it can. So if there was a recording could that be given to our state as evedince of not being fired?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Where you live is not what will determine which state's recording laws apply. What matters is where the recording was made. Were you in OK or FL when you made the recording?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.