Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

My manager has delayed payment on my paycheck weeks because

Customer Question

My manager has delayed payment on my paycheck for 2 weeks because I didn't complete the time care correction sheet on time. The Time Keeper clerk pointed the error out to my manager who stated "Let it go. Teach her a lesson." I was told I wouldn't be paid if the correction sheet wasn't completed in a timely manner. I am non-union, RN Case Manager. I want to file a complaint, not sure how this is best done.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

Filing a complaint about wages in California is extremely easy. While you can hire a lawyer there is really no need to do so since you can do it yourself via a form available at http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm

Usually the agency processes these pretty quickly and has good results.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If your question has been answered completely then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.