Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

The company I work works employees and its a unionized

Customer Question

The company I work for over works employees and its a unionized company. They do not stick to the union contract. What can be done?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You have to first file a union grievance so that you can have all administrative remedies attempt first. This is a requirement before you take any other action....well, not a requirement, but it makes the case so much stronger that you really shouldn't do anything before completing the union grievance process.

Once that is completed, if there is no satisfaction, you have only one choice. You have to hire a local attorney to sue in state court for breach of contract. Your collective bargaining agreement is a contract with you (and everyone else) and you can sue individually for a breach of that agreement.