John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

I have an outstanding loan on my 401K of 3,536.51 and was

Customer Question

I have an outstanding loan on my 401K of 3,536.51 and was terminated due to health how much taxes is due on this
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You'll pay a 10% penalty off the top, plus it will be included in your gross income for the year (so probably another 15-25%) if you do not repay the loan in 90 days. So about $900 in total.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.