Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

I have worked corporation years, the other employee has

Customer Question

I have worked for this corporation for 16 years, the other employee has worked there for 30 years. I was discharged for misconduct of leaving a tip jar out, however, she was only written up for the same thing. Neither one of us has ever been written up before. This is stopping me from getting my unemployment. The way my discharge was handled was so inappropriate. I did not get discharged right away. I was called to the general manager's office and every word out of his mouth was f... this and f... that, then I was sent home and told I was suspended but he could not decide for how long. The next day he contacted me by phone and then he discharged me.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information, can you please tell me what your specific legal question is? Also, does your employer's written policies require stepped discipline in all cases prior to termination? Finally, can you think of any reason why you were treated differently than the other employee?