Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

I've been employed 10 years as a dentist. My boss admitted

Customer Question

I've been employed for about 10 years as a dentist. My boss admitted to "holding me back" as far as growth in the company. She told me that I'm an excellent provider that treats patients well and I provide good care to them. Over the years I have been subjected to constant negativity. In the past 10 months I have been feeling harassed almost on a daily basis about issues that are not related to patient treatment. It's so bad that it's affecting my health. Also there are other employees that are treated far better than I am. I definitely feel like I'm being treated unfairly and unprofessionally. What can I do to protect myself legally? And is this a case for emotional harassment? Please help.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I will be glad to Answer your question and all that I ask in return is that you leave a positive rating so that I receive credit for assisting you. You have already placed a deposit with JustAnswer and a positive rating will not cost you anything additional, but without it, I will not receive credit for my time and effort in assisting you, Fair enough ?

Please explain or elaborate on what you mean by being subjected to constant "negativity"

Thank you,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boss admitted to "holding me back" from growth financially and professionally in the practice. She has broken her promise to give me a certain number of patients. She harasses me for taking time off from needed medical appointments. I work full time so getting appointments after work is very difficult. She has a nasty demeaning attitude towards me that is unprofessional. This type of behavior happens at least 2-3 times per week and it is now affectingly health. I'm having anxiety and stress issues because of the constant harassing and disrespect. The office manager also harasses me by changing my schedule without discussing it with me and setting me up to look like I'm lying. I feel like they are both trying very hard to push me out of the office. They have told me on various occasions that I'm a good ethical dentist so I know it's not because of my ability to do my job well. Please help. I'm feeling bullied
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe my boss does not working with women dentists. She has a bad track record and can't seem to keep them employed because of her demeaning disposition. What bothers me the most is that she and the office manger both admitted to "keeping me down ". Is this considered discrimination ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My boss also has a new male Dentist who started a year ago and he does not get harassed or disrespected the way I do. He definitely gets preferential treatment and I've been with the practice for 9 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you think it would be better if to talk on the phone I'm ok with that. Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to add again. But the office manager also admitted to me that she has told the entire staff to not trust or talk to me because I will " throw them under the bus". This is certainly not true of my character.

Thank you for your reply, Yes, it would be better if we spoke on the telephone. That way, ou can ask all the questions you have and I can give you Answers immediately, rather than waiting for a typed Answer. My typing is very slow, Thank goodness I do not rely on my tying skills (Or, lack thereof) to earn a living. I will send you JustAnswer's "Additional Services" Offer, Okay ? I look forward to speaking to you,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA