Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I work home care agency in FL and was offered this position

Customer Question

I work for a home care agency in FL and was offered this position of 3 12 hour days but now the night nurse is mad and threated to quit so they want to give my hours to her and put me on a different case but they don't have everything in place yet so they made changes to the schedule and took me off of it and now I have no hours until this approval comes through. I don't know if it will because they have lied to me before . Can they do that?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately yes. Unless you had a contract of employment with them that stated that the terms of your employment could not be altered without your consent, the terms of your employment are "at will" and can legally be altered at any time.

You can file for unemployment though due to "lack of work" for weeks they don't give you hours.