Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I really need my insurance benefits and I am afraid this

Customer Question

I really need my insurance benefits and I am afraid this company will just continue to appeal my benefits. How can I make a good argument that they can not appeal? I thought if they could not show intent that I might have a chance. I just don't have documentation.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to an Appeal on my unemployment benefits. I need to argue that I had no intent to violate policy. It was a misunderstanding due to a computer glitch. They fired me and I have worked for them for 9 years and have always been a good employee. I did not intend to do anything wrong. I do not know why they did this. Now I don't know what to do to defend myself.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You cannot prevent another company or person from appealing your case. It is the person’s due process rights, just like you have rights to present your case. You have to present evidence that you should prevail regardless. If you were terminated and the company is claiming that you violated the company's policy and thus you are not eligible for unemployment benefits, then the only way you can overcome the company's claim is to show that you did not violate the policy or that you did not know that you were violating the policy because the policy was not clear or that other people did the same thing that you did and the company did not terminate them.