JackJD
JackJD, Lawyer
Experience:  I've been in practice 30+ years, concentrating on employment law for 15 years. I enjoy helping people.
64048581

I am an employer. My employees work around heavy equipment

Customer Question

I am an employer. My employees work around heavy equipment on the shipping docks.
Many work while taking medically prescribed drugs. Do I have the right to ask the employee to get a statement from his prescribing MD that the employee is safe to work in these dangerous environments while taking (under the influence) of the prescribed drug?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  JackJD replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can answer your question.

Yes, you can and should ask for such a statement. You should supply the doctor with a description of what the job consists of and what is the exposure to the equipment. (Ideally, you will already have such a job description; if not, you should prepare one.)

Have I adequately answered your question? If so, please rate the answer on the buttons below.