Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I got terminated recently without any warnings. My work

Customer Question

I got terminated recently without any warnings. My work performance was always admired by all management and they were shocked when the CEO, who is not even based at our location decided that she was paying me too much and she could replace me with a Mexican
national for far less money. I worked for Labrie Enviroquip in the Mexico facility in San Luis Rio Colorado. Company is owned by owner of Myers Electric in Ontario CA. During my three and a half years I had no work insurance that was valid in Mexico and also
had no insurance against injury at the workplace. I also suspect that my position there as a QC Manager was actually illegal under Mexican law. As I'm 64 this year, they have taken away any future earnings for the rest of my working life and I would like to
claim $200,000.00. CEO origi9nally requested that I move my family to Yuma AZ for this position. Where do I stand? They gave me 5 weeks wages as a severance which I had to accept so that I had an income coming in.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

There is no obligation on the part of the employer to give Notice or reason for termination. Once can be terminated for any reason that is not discriminatory - such as based on your age. The other exception is if you had an employment contract, that is with a start date and an end date and you were terminated against the terms of that contract. Then you have a breach of contract suit.

If, however, you feel the only reason you were terminated is because of your age, I suggest you consider filing an EEOC COMPLAINT AT THIS LINK and let the EEOC investigate. If they find there was discrimination and the only reason you were terminated is because of your age they will begin a mediation or file a law suit on your behalf OR at the very least issue you a Notice of Right to Sue and that can help you to secure a local attorney to take your case.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.