Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

My son signed a contract with a startup in which he was

Customer Question

My son signed a contract with a startup in which he was given 2% of the company in exchange for work ( he received no salary in the beginning). He had some health issues and missed some time, and to penalize him they want to reduce that to .5%. ( He now receives a salary). He thinks they will fire him if he doesn't agree. Is that legal?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Is he an employee (does he receive a W2 and paychecks)? What sort of health issues did he have? Also, what state is this in?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Are you still looking for assistance with this? I am more than happy to help you, but first I need you to answer my questions above....