Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I have severe social anxiety and depression and was kicked

Customer Question

I have severe social anxiety and depression and was kicked out of a job eight months ago due to this. I have not been able to get a new job (Even at Wal-Mart) because of the pain I go through when in public, nevermind the issues I have with not being able to smile, looking people in the eye, or simply just talking to people without turning beat-red and sweating and mumbling/slurring my words. The job I held previously was an office job and it was a complete and utter failure. I am trying to find assistance for disability benefits due to this. I ran out of unemployment two months ago and am about to be evicted. The last time I lived on the streets I almost killed myself, twice. Please advise if you can assist as this is my last hope.
Thanks
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid we cannot represent you in any legal matter. Have you gone to your local social services office to get mental health counseling so that they can do an evaluation to allow you to apply for SS Disability Benefits so you can have money to live on. Also, you need to go to the local housing office for low income housing. These are the two steps you need to take to get your mental health examination to make sure you can get your benefits. Social services will help you in this greatly and you need to go through them for your assistance.