Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

Are there laws to protect the health care provider from cell

Customer Question

Are there laws to protect the health care provider from cell phone photos and images in emergency department settings?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

No, there are no laws which provide any type of privacy for health care providers in emergency department settings in Indiana.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Not if you mean while they are engaged in their work. There are laws which would protect them while they are changing clothes, using the restroom, or things like that but no specific laws which would, for instance, stop a person from using a cell phone to take a photo of the person swabbing a wound.