John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

What medical records are required to be submitted by a

Customer Question

what medical records are required to be submitted by a physician when filing a LTD /disability claim in the state of Iowa?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today.My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experiencein this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

The LTD policy requires the claim holder to grant the insurer full access to all medical records regardless of relevance. Generally the insurer will request records for the last few years for a LTD claim. Essentially the insurer acts in the shoes of the patient when requesting records. In Iowa, patients have right to access to their entire file. So the physician must submit the entire file for that period.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.