Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

If I was fired company policy and another employee did the

Customer Question

If I was fired for breaking company policy and another employee did the same thing I did and wasn't fired, is that wrongful termination? It's a large company based out of North Carolina.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Any time there are policies, they must be applied equally across the board to all employees. An employer cannot "cherry pick" who they will apply to thus risk a wrongful termination lawsuit based on the discriminatory practice of only applying the policy when and to whom they want to.

The answer to your question is Yes. It appears to be a basis for a lawsuit

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you