Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I have a question about employment retaliation. A brief

Customer Question

I have a question about employment retaliation. A brief outline of the situation. In September 2013 I reported an ethics violation to our corporate board of ethics about a SVP that supervised me at that time. The report included a video to corroborate my findings. The SVP continued in role, no one from the corporation ever followed up with me to close the ticket. Only the investigating ethics officer who said the claim was substantiated and someone from the company would contact me to close out the report. No one ever called me. At the time I was in a senior leadership class that was used to develop employees into promotion. Since the report of the violation I have received 2 below standard evaluations, ridicule over my performance, 3 formal write ups, and was drug tested for reporting my back was sore after lifting some product in the store. Today I was told that I needed to demote or leave the company. Several of my peers have the same performance but are not held accountable in the same manner and are allowed to move to other region in the company in the same position. I feel that the reporting of the ethics violation has been the catalyst of this over 2 year torment by my supervisors and wanted to your opinion as to whether this behavior was qualified for litigation.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

"Ethics" covers a lot of potential conduct. What specific unethical conduct did you complain about?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.