Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I had a total p replacement 01/12/2015. I had an

Customer Question

I had a total hip replacement 01/12/2015. I had an arthroscopic knee surgery on 07/06/2015. It looks like I will need a total knee replacement on that same knee. I've set appointments with a new ortho doctor/surgeon and will see him on the 14 of this month. We will determine what's best for my knee as well as me from a medical standpoint. The company I've worked for for 39 years is putting on the pressure to return NOW. They said they will start working on "releasing me". I've been keeping them informed on what's happening, but now it looks like they are heck bent on firing me. I'm on an long term disability that the company offers that I paid the premiums on that lasts for two years, but I can only pay my deductions from my paycheck with the $1000 a month they pay me. I don't want anything except to keep my job until I have the knee replacement and recover from it. What can I do, or what rights do I have? Thanks Scott in Colorado.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Scott,

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. How long exactly have you been off work, and when do you expect to return? Is your employer incurring hardship in your absence?

I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.