Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

I have been asked, I think, to produce records civil action.

Customer Question

I have been asked, I think, to produce records for a civil action. It is a grandfather suing his son an grandson for damages? I was President of a business trade association that had a pension plan. The service of the subpoena was made to our pension administrator which is Wells Fargo. they did not advise my former employer until September 4th. I was advised the evening of Sept. 6th that the subpoena required me to produce documents about the businesses pension and my personal pension account. I retired I/2/14. I am unsure of my rights and what I should do.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Back at you. What questions do you have that would help you clarify my question.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you're asking so it's hard for me to know what to ask to try and clarify.

You really don't have "rights" when it comes to replying to a subpoena, you just have to provide whatever records they are asking for and which are in your "care, custody or control".

So the answer to the question you asked "what should I do" is "provide the requested records", but as I mentioned that is a general answer that I'm sure really doesn't provide a lot of direction.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need to get back to you. Can I do that?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely. I want to be able to answer the questions you have fully and completely so just come back to this thread when you're ready.