Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

My wife told her attorney/employer and mother/employee that

Customer Question

My wife told her attorney/employer and mother/employee that I punched her serval times the night before. Sheriff deputies were called by our roommate and they arrived to see that it was a verbal dispute and no punches were thrown as my wife claimed the next day. The officers let me leave with no problem. The next day my wife,attorney and secretary at the firm drove to our home changed the locks on the house (which we rent from my wife's mother) my wife took all paperwork and legal documents etc with her and took her car and my truck (which has both our names on it) I arrived to discover all of this and the attorney text me saying she is terminating our marriage and her mother wanted me to leave the home. He said he wanted to draw up documents and keep uncontested and they said they hid my truck and I could have it back I I signed the agreement which was a ridiculous amount and I was paying off almost all debts! I feel that it was conspiracy abandonment fraud on all parties involved.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems to me that the attorney broke some laws by being my wife's council and hiding my truck leaving me locked out with no transportation. And not giving it to me unless I signed the agreement he provided which was in the documents but it was ridiculous amounts of debt to pay and alimony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other secretary the attorney having affair with was also present for all of it, all three of them were staying at her house where I found my wife's car. What I don't understand is that she had no marks on her indicating that there was harm done to her, but everyone took action against me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife turned on me and is blackmailing me and I guess she thought I would just sign and not try to take action in locating my truck. I never signed anything once I had her car they gave me my truck. I know to file divorce but I feel they knew I didn't harm her due to no visible harm/marks or police report against me and if i signed I was being evicted divorced and paying thousands to my vindictive wife!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They new I didn't hurt her but still helped her change the locks, removed all documents from house and took my truck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This all took place this past week and I feel that this was fraud and conspiracy to force my signature. I think being locked out and left with no truck was also abandonment. Did I mention they were crossing state from Louisiana to Mississippi the back to Louisiana.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What the attorney did here appears to violate the rules of professional conduct as he has stolen the truck from you and was using that to coerce you to sign the divorce against your will. These types of tactics are not ethical and are subject to disciplinary sanctions by the state bar in LA, and the disciplinary counsel will investigate this conduct.

Also, in the divorce proceeding you can pursue money damages for them illegally evicting you from the marital home and you could actually have a separate civil suit against the mother who owned the house for participating in the illegal eviction.

So you have grounds here to pursue this. You need to get your own attorney and file your divorce in MS and you need to check to see if this attorney was even licensed in MS, because if he did the divorce paperwork for a MS divorce and he was not licensed in MS you can file a complaint against him with the MS bar as well.

You need to get a local attorney in MS as soon as you can to stand up to challenge this and also to file suit against the mother for the illegal eviction.