Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

How do I find (besides looking at State Bar members) an

Customer Question

How do I find (besides looking at State Bar members) an attorney to help me go after my local school district? My son is in special education and the school as well as district have been giving us the run around on everything from FERPA violations to violating laws regarding religious neutrality in public schools.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You want an attorney who handles special education matters. The most reputable source for attorney referrals is possibly Martindale.com. Martinedale allow you to search attorneys by practice area, and also provides an attorney rating based on peer recognition. See here for an explanation of the Martindale rating system: http://www.martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Peer_Review_Ratings.aspx

Another option is the Texas State Bar Referral Service. See here: https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

Most attorneys will offer a free consultation. It would be prudent to consult with at least 2 or 3 and then go with who you feel most comfortable with.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.

We have been having some technical difficulties on the site. Have you been able to view my responses?