Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I GOT FIRED WITH DRINKING. I WAS TOLD IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS

Customer Question

I GOT FIRED FOR ASKING FOR HELP WITH DRINKING. I WAS TOLD IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS ON 90 DAY NEW HIRE PROBATION. THEY HAVE A SELF IDENTIFICATION PROGRAM. IT WAS NOT OFFERED TO ME. THIS IS IN INDIANA. THX
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Kindly rate me positively.