Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

My employer said last Jan 13 Feb13, 2015' my employer said I

Customer Question

My employer said last Jan 13 Feb13, 2015' my employer said I used my FMLA more than a month((I didn't submit my FMLA to HR)When I was in Hospital because of Kidney stone May 22-June 9,2015, In HR Ms.S Myers said my FMLA benefit only 12weeks, so I have to come back to work June 10-19 even it's very pain because of stone kidney...June 20 my first procedure in Stone Center in Newark, Nj.with left Kidney(not working June20-July 2) back to work July 3-13......14 I was in hospital Clara Maass Doctor put tube in my right and July 15 for next procedure of R-kidney & was not finished because they brought to ICU for 3days & reg. room up to July***** Ciccone scheduled me Aug. 26 for leftover stone on Right kidney. (July14 up now Aug.29 I'm not working) and problem my employer said I don't have anymore Heslth Insurance only COBRA w/ very expensive, employer said $600 plus w/ I can't afford......Please help me. I'm josefina delos Reyes...in
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, josefina,

I am sorry to hear about your kidney stones. My uncle experienced this , so I know how painful it is.

1. Please tell me what question I can Answer for you

2. Also, if you are still with the same employer, why don't you have the same health insurance that you had before ? I ask this because COBRA benefits are usually for those employees who no longer wok for their employer. What type of health insurance did you have when you were hospitalized with your first kidney stone ?

Thank you,

ANDREA