Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

Marsha, My employer had term hypoxia and has been very

Customer Question

Hi Marsha, My employer had long term hypoxia and has been very hostile, agitated, paranoid all due to the lack of oxygen. He reported most days it was in the low 8os and would not wear oxygen although physician suggested. He just fired me unexpectedly. He was upset about conversations he heard and he asked what I had said, I told him and he suggested over and over I was lying. He called me back later that evening and asked me the same question 5 times and I kept answering with the same answer as I had emailed him. He was very angry during the conversation and I said given how negative the conversation had become; I would be looking for a new position. This is the very first conversation in which I had stood up for myself and did not let him call me a liar. He brought me in a week later and told me he could not get over that I called him a pathological Liar 3 times, which I did not say. He also said I sent it to him in an email. I asked him if we could read my email to see what it said,
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Marsha, I did not mention that my employer told my Clinical Director that I had been doing an excellent job and it would be a real set up back for the company if I were not there. I never received a negative review or had any disciplinary action me. His actions are irrational, paranoid and both conversations I considered each conversation harassing in that he kept badgering me by asking me the same question over and over in an angry manner.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you but I had just logged off when you posted your question and I don't usually work the weekend. I would be glad to assist you but I will need to know what State you work in and whether you are in a union or had a term contract. Thank you.