Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I have worked utility company yrs. I admit that i am new to

Customer Question

Hi
My name is ***** ***** worked for a utility company for 4 yrs. I admit that i am new to the industry and have had some shortcomings in performance. i have not had any major incidents until now in which i left a gas leak. I have been placed on indefinite suspension. My employment is being reviewed. i am wondering if the progressive discipline procedures have been followed.My union rep is handling the case. He has said several things eluding to termination,transfer to other department. what should i be asking him?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What does your union contract actually state about the process you are going through? Your rights are completely dictated here under the terms of your union contract. Any rights you have in your employment are also dictated only under your union contract, not under the laws.

So what does your contract state about your situation?