Ray, Employment lawyer
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
8534270

Was called in the HR office this morning and she said I was

Customer Question

Was called in the HR office this morning and she said I was being reported by a co-worker as a racist. That I said something about Yankees moving to the South during an breakroom discussion (taking my break). The person who reported me I have been mentoring; he is a minority and is very disgruntled about working at this company. I tell him to wash boats and he says he wasn't hired to do that and that's what is included in the job for all of us. Now I'm getting fired at 5:00 p.m. today.
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company is Cabelas in Garner, NC and the HR Mgr took notes when she talked to me in her office and said she would get back with me at 5 as to whether or not I was fired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually this is the mother of the son who is work right now continuing to work until he is told at 5 if he is fired or not. This is crazy. All his supervisors have loved his work; they leave him in charge when they are not there; they have asked him and he goes the extra mile for them. This guy who reported this is a disgruntled employee who knows nothing about boats and is always asking Jeremiah for help. And Jeremiah provides it. But this guy has been following Jeremiah every step since they were hired in this new store. Jeremiah is the experienced boat person; this other person has only worked on cars.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

All you can do here is deny the comments.Alternately you argue that any such argument was not racist.It didn't define any particular group and as such doesn't constitute a racist comment.Certainly you can seek to avid termination here arguing it is not true, that this person has alternative motives.

I cannot see that you have done anything wrong here.You may consider your own lawyer to sue here for wrongful termination.Again I do not see that you said anything racist, in fact you were trying to do your job and get him to do his.

These comments are at best opinion here, doesn't appear to be racist or really harmful.

You can locate a lawyer here to seek to save your job and sue if they terminate you.

http://www.avvo.com/employment-labor-lawyer/nc.html

I would seek a lawyer here as soon as you can maybe you can get them to back off.You can sue if you have too since you did not make any racist statements from what you present here.I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I do hope you consider your own lawyer to back these folks off or sue if you have to for wrongful termination.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it if much appreciated.I will have this chat sealed for privacy once you rate in order to preserve privacy of this matter.Thanks again.