ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Are assignment sheets & time schedules required to be posted

Customer Question

are assignment sheets & time schedules required to be posted on each nursing unit in PA nursing homes
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

No. There are requirements for posting regarding physicians assistance and certified nurse practitioners:

§ 211.7. Physician assistants and certified registered nurse practitioners.

(a) Physician assistants and certified registered nurse practitioners may be utilized in facilities, in accordance with their training and experience and the requirements in statutes and regulations governing their respective practice.

(b) If the facility utilizes the services of physician assistants or certified registered nurse practitioners, the following apply:

(1) There shall be written policies indicating the manner in which the physician assistants and certified registered nurse practitioners shall be used and the responsibilities of the supervising physician.

(2) There shall be a list posted at each nursing station of the names of the supervising physician and the persons, and titles, whom they supervise.

(3) A copy of the supervising physician’s registration from the State Board of Medicine or State Board of Osteopathic Medicine and the physician assistant’s or certified registered nurse practitioner’s certificate shall be available in the facility.

(4) A notice plainly visible to residents shall be posted in prominent places in the institution explaining the meaning of the terms ‘‘physician assistant’’ and ‘‘certified registered nurse practitioner.’’

(c) Physician assistants’ documentation on the resident’s record shall be countersigned by the supervising physician within 7 days with an original signature and date by the licensed physician. This includes progress notes, physical examination reports, treatments, medications and any other notation made by the physician assistant.

(d) Physicians shall countersign and date their verbal orders to physician assistants or certified registered nurse practitioners within 7 days.

(e) This section may not be construed to relieve the individual physician, group of physicians, physician assistant or certified registered nurse practitioner of responsibility imposed by statute or regulation.

Furthermore, "Weekly time schedules shall be maintained and shall indicate the number and classification of nursing personnel, including relief personnel, who worked on each tour of duty on each nursing unit." (§ 211.12(j)). But there's no requirement of posting of assignment sheets and time schedule.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!