Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Years of experience in running a medium sized law firm.
7286322

My past employer me off 6/22 and is now challenging my

Customer Question

My past employer laid me off 6/22 and is now challenging my unemployment. I appealed and we are set for court on 8/31.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I understand the situation. What is your question here, i.e. what are you asking?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have a chance in being awarded unemployment or can he lie that he fired me for reasons he did not discuss when he said "I have to lay you off due to........."?Please call me as this will be easier for me.Thank you
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

I sent a phone call proposal if you'd like. Or did you wish to continue via the thread?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is general information. Does this mean you will say that he has every right to do what he has done and I could lose? I would like something so I can speak with some knowledge to rebuttal his
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

No. Either via this thread or via a call (currently a test feature), experts can only provide general information, and not legal advice. This mans that I cannot tell you WHAT to do, or get too nuanced in state law. I can however explain and apply some general doctrines and how they may play out in such a scenario. We can have a general discussion about said situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for bothering you. I misunderstood you ad and services. I do not have any additional monies without receiving my unemployment.
I am scheduled for three surgeries starting next week, my cervical neck, my lower lumbar, and a torn miniscus in my right knee and I can not do this without unemployment and then I can continue my job search.
Thank you for your time and I will not bother you again.
My case is an 88 year old millionaire who has challenged unemployment for everyone that has worked for him so he can continue to count his monies. This is not bitterness this is the truth. I wish I had known about rip-off.com before I accepted the job so I would have said no.
Marcia XXXXXX
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

There is no need to apologize. We can simply talk online here if you'd like. Let me know.