Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

My daughter no longer works company after 27 years. The

Customer Question

My daughter no longer works for a company after 27 years. The company is refusing to give her a letter stating the last day of employment. The letter is needed to apply for health insurance. Can they do that?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

There is no statutory requirement to provide you with this information, however, a letter in writing may compel cooperation, especially if the letter comes from a local attorney.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.