Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

How many hours per week do I have to work to get health

Customer Question

How many hours per week do I have to work to get health insurance at a company?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
If there are less than Full Time 50 employees , there is no legal mandate for health insurance to be provided by the employer.
If the employer has at least Full Time 50 employees, then it is a legal mandate that health insurance be provided
Under the law, Full-time equivalent employees are employees that work on average at least 30 hours per week.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.
Thank you