John, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
71296933

They stop my pension because I moved can they do that

Customer Question

Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

No that's completely against the law. Perhaps they are sending checks to your old address. If they are telling you that you are disqualified from your pension, which is vested under a federal law called the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) you should call the Department of Laboor Employee Benefits Division and file a complaint because it is completely a violation of the law. You can file a complaint here http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/contactEBSA/consumerassistance.html

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response,please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.