Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

There is an employee that is in school, and some of that

Customer Question

There is an employee that is in school, and some of that particular employee's hours have to be made up on the weekend (Sunday) in order to keep close to 40hours. The manager wants the rest of the staff to cover Saturdays and the employee that is in school to cover all the Sundays. What can be done or is that fair. Also this is an Interim manager who doesn't have the credentials to run the lab. should I contact the Il Dept of Public health? The manager hasn't approached me directly with the schedule adjustment. So now I'm not getting the overtime unless I rotate Saturdays, so I don't think that's fair to ask the rest of the staff to work only Saturday. She never asked me about working the weekend, she asked the rest of the staff why couldn't I work Saturday.
Submitted: 1 year ago via EmployeeIssues.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information, however, I am unsure what you are objecting to. Can you be more specific? Are you asking if your employer is required to let all employees work overtime, or are you asking if the employer can assign the schedule for wokring as they deem appropriate? Do you have a term contract that locks in your days and hours of work?
Hello again,
I see that you read my request for more information but not where you responded. If you did respond, it did not come through and I would ask you to try again. If you no longer need assistance you can contact the Site's customer service for a refund of any deposit you might have left with them.