Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If I am a Canadian citizen working multi-national company

Customer Question

If I am a Canadian citizen working for a multi-national company with a Canadian Ltd entity and I have a sexual harassment/Retaliation case that was investigated by an Employee (HR VP) in the United States and the companies headquartered in the US, can
I take my legal case to a US lawyer and have my case heard in the US court system?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Yes, if you worked or are working for the company in the U.S. Otherwise, no. You have to prosecute your case against the company in Canada where you work.