Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I read on line about texas labor code 52 says you cannot

Customer Question

I read on line about texas labor code 52 says you cannot work a retail employee more than seven days in a row is this correct? Also if you are hired for part time 30 to 35 hrs with no benefits but are actually working 40 to 45 hrs a week don't they have to give you benefits?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

That is correct, retail employees shall not be required to work beyond 7 consecutive days.

The companies have discretion to define what is considered full-time and part-time to determine benefits status. Typically 37.5 hours plus is considered full-time for most companies. Here is a ink to the Texas labor website providing information as to what is considered part-time and full-time: http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/efte/part_time_full_time.html

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.