Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was told that starting 9/14 I must be in the office

Customer Question

I was told that starting 9/14 I must be in the office everyday. What can happen if I don't? If I leave before finding new employment would I be eligible for unemoyment?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told that starting 9/14 I must be in the office full time. If I choose not to before I find another position, can I collect unemployment if I am let go?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If you did not follow legal directives of the employer and they fire you for that, that could be considered termination for cause. In that regard, if you file for unemployment, the employer can oppose the benefits. You would have an opportunity, however to file an Appeal of the Denial and show why you did not follow the directive.