Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

What is the legal thing employer to do when an employee is

Customer Question

What is the legal thing for an employer to do when an employee is hurt on the job, fails drug screening, W/C refused payment; employee has filed claim to sue insurance company and wants to return to work for us. Do we rehire him?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information. As the Site TOS and notices say, this is not a legal advice or legal opinion Site. Since we cannot form an attorney-client relationship with our customers we can only provide legal information. So, if you need an actual opinion or advice for this specific situation, you will need to consult with a local employment law attorney with whom you can form an attorney-client relationship. If you though just want to discuss the law in general, I can do that with you. If you do, then can you tell me if this employee was drug tested under a written employer drug testing policy and also, has their doctor released them for full duty? Finally, did they violate employer procedures or rules when they were hurt?