Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I was red into a restaurant as a salary manager. I was being

Customer Question

I was hired into a restaurant as a salary manager. I was being directly and verbally being harassed by 2 hourly servers. Aping sitting down and discussing with the servers how it was not ok, the servers started creating a lot of drama. Because of the drama between the servers I was demoted to an hourly rate and lost my management title. Is that an unlawful demotion?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. I'm sorry to hear about your demotion.
How were the servers harassing you...was it on the basis of your age, race, gender, disability or religious beliefs?