Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My 20yo future son in law was subcontracted by a mover

Customer Question

My 20yo future son in law was subcontracted by a mover subcontracted by Wheaton moving Company of StLucie county and worked for 10 days as asst in moving to three spots loading and unloading from Fla uo to Ny and this the truckdriver will not return calls nor had he compensated my son in law for his work between 1200-1500 ; I believe this not only happened to my son in law; there is also suspicion that this driver is not paying any taxes; I am not sure if Devries Wheaton of St Lucie is aware of these occurences and tax issues as well. Please advise thx
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Is it safe to simply say that son in law's employer didn't pay him his agreed wages?

.

Was SIL under a written contract for a set term, or was this an oral employment agreement?

.

What is your legal question that I can help with tonight?

.

.

thanks