Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Is a Jitney, operator, driver occupation covered by the FRA,

Customer Question

Is a Jitney, operator, driver occupation covered by the FRA, Federal Railroad Act for blacklisting? Jitney drivers drive the railroad employees condutors and engineers from the office to the trains then back or help the conductor build or put trail cars
together. We are not allowed to disobey the RR empkoyees. I need an expert on this one someone with FRA knowledge. Are the cab drivers protected under the FRA for blacklisting?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The FRA and FRSA do not include jitney drivers as employees covered under the acts. Thus, the jitney drivers are not protected by any of the provisions of the FRA I am afraid.