Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I work in a right to work state. My shop employs 140

Customer Question

I work in a right to work state. My shop employs 140 individuals and only 40 are union paying memebers.
(approx.)
In our most recent contract negotiation for the union there was a pension negotiation. Only the Paying union members were allowed to vote for the amount. No one at the union level can answer or has answered me as to what legislation allows the paying minority to make decisions for the non paying majority. is this constitutional? and how do I fight it. as the amount is equivalent to 20hrs pay every 4 weeks. Approx. 100 employess are unhappy with this current sit. and are willing to sign to change. it.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, from facts provided there is a potential claim here.
It would be for violation of union contract and equal protection of rights.
Local counsel can handle although Union counsel should be representing as well.
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under the equal protection of rights hire?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Precisely. Have counsel work on commission so that way you have no down side and interests aligned!
I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.