Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I failed a pre employment. Dot drug screen today I take

Customer Question

I failed a pre employment. Dot drug screen today I take prescription. For bi polar and blood presur and diabetes I tested positive for meth can u help
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry that you failed your test. Was this a false positive? How did meth end up in your system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I messed up I thought I had stop and I was clean it was over 5days but I do take prescriptions for high blood press Bipolar disorder diabetes and extremely high triglycerides i'm looking for a miracle man are you that Attorney
I am very sorry to hear that. But I am not really a miracle man, what I can do is try to best help you with your concerns. So just to be clear, this was not a false test, it was a valid result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was false positive I do not do drugs period

Ah, I see. That is most helpful. Historically even medical experts believe that anywhere up to 1 in 10 positives are actually false positives.

What, if anything, did you attempt to get this resolved with the employer? Did you request a new test, for example?