Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

Live in texas and semitruck living. In January I got into a

Customer Question

Live in texas and semitruck for a living. In January I got into a minor accident. Rear right side of trailer hit a wire that holds up a telephone pole. Didn't realize I had accident, as it was dark and snowing and I was making a sharp right hand turn.
The next evening when inspecting the truck I noticed some damage to truck. I assumed day driver had did it. I reported the damage. Three days later I was called to the office. On way I saw the wellsite where incident happened. Visible from interstate and I
was then pretty sure I had the accident. At meeting I was pretty much told what had happened and told 3 times (it didn't look good for me). Everything I said was twisted to where I was hiding the accident and blaming someone else. I was also blamed for previous
damage to trailer. When I left office I was told they would get ahold of me. While heading back home I called my boss and quit. If I got fired I couldn't get another job. Seven months later I am unable to find a job where before this I could go to any company
an get a job. As soon as they hear from my old company, which is required by law, (I never hear from them again). I have basically been blackballed from my trade (truck driver). Do I have recourse??????
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

were you slandered? interference with employment? are you asking if you can pursue a claim in court?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

awaiting your reply, thanks.