JackJD
JackJD, Lawyer
Experience:  I've been in practice 30+ years, concentrating on employment law for 15 years. I enjoy helping people.
64048581

After getting Right to Sue letter from EEOC, I am unable to

Customer Question

After getting Right to Sue letter from EEOC, I am unable to find lawyer yet, now Deadline is on Aug. 10, 2015. You are requested if you suggest me any another options. What kind more details?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  JackJD replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can answer your question.

You can buy yourself some time by filing your lawsuit in the proper U.S. District Court for your residence.

This is not easy, but a layperson can do it.

Technically, the document you are filing is a "Complaint," and its format and contents are governed by 1) the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, plus 2) the Local Rules of the applicable District Court. Both of these are available online.

If I were you, I would look online for a model complaint for an EEOC case, and copy it, while making the changes necessary for your case.

Like I said, this is not easy, but it is doable.

Please remember to put the following at the top of the complaint: "Jury Trial Requested." If you don't do that right off, you lose the option.

You will also have to pay the filing fee; the clerk of courts can tell you how much that is.

This will buy you some time in which to look further for a lawyer.

If I have answered your question, please rate the answer on the buttons below. If you would like to ask something about this answer, just use the reply function.

Good luck.