Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

My husband had a TIA and has been off month now saw s

Customer Question

My husband had a TIA and has been off for a month now saw his neurologist and she gave him a return to work with no restrictions;.His employer called the doctor and told them it is Michigan state law that he cannot operate heavy equipment for six months which he only operates fork lifts ..he had a mini stroke..but is now ok did his employer have the right to do this or did she break any laws? we are confused because the doctor told us he had no restrictions and could even drive
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, it sounds like employer can accommodate and is refusing.
The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. www.eeoc.gov is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.