Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
19127644

I am a salon leader in the state of Florida. I get Paid Time

Customer Question

I am a salon leader in the state of Florida. I get Paid Time Off acquired by my Rate of Production. My rate of production is figured from services divided by hours worked. I am to deduct 12 hours for administrational duties, but those hours are not deducted from my rate of production. This keeps my rate of paid low, so when I need paid time off (vacation time, etc.) the rate is very low. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Although your employer has come up with a system of wages that does not favor you, it would only be unlawful if they were to not pay you at least minimum wage for all hours actually worked in a pay period. If they are paying you less than minimum wages when your gross pay is divided by all hours worked, then you can file a wage complaint with the State or file suit.

Please let me know if you need any clarification.

Hello again,
I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 4th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (in the pop up box for this question, which is how we get credit (paid) for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/
Thank you.